Be Patient with my blog as it is a work in progress for the next few days. I have a header I like and a blinkie. So now I need to completer the rest of the template. I am learning PS5 as I do this so it may take a few days. Happy Crafting ~~Misty


Thursday, February 28, 2013

Welcome to the SOUS/Whimsical Designs Blog Hop.

If you have arrived here from Nanne Harry http://nannes-creations.blogspot.com you are in the right place.  If not you can go back to Stuck on U Sketches http://stuckonusketches.blogspot.com and start at the beginning.

We have two sponsors for the hop:

1. Patsy-Prairie Bird Boutique: http://www.etsy.com/shop/PrairieBirdBoutique
Winner will recieve their choice of 1 pack of Shabby Crinkle Ribbon

2. Sonia Kertznus: http://www.shopskdigis.com
Winner will reieve a $6.00 Voucher to Sonias store

Make sure you are a follower over at SOUS and Whimsical Designs.

For those of you that would like a bonus prize you can leave a comment here and I will add each one of you into a drawing for an entire set of handmade paper piecings tailored to the winners wishes.

Here is our sketch from our wonderful Sandi over at SOUS.


Here is my take on the sketch.  I used my cameo to cut the corner and background shape.  I ran the yellow strip through the Big Shot with an embossing folder.  I did a print and cut for the two tags and the Kindergarten title.  




My daughter started Kindergarten.  This is her teacher.  This was also both of my son's teachers at on time.  I love having all 3 of my kids with this wonderful teacher and fabulous lady. 


Here is our entire line up in case you get lost along the way.


Your next stop is Margie: http://bellabugcreations.blogspot.com Enjoy your tour!!!


25 comments:

Stephanie said...

Super cute picture and LO. You did a great job working that sketch.

annette said...

terrific LO Misty .. how wonderful you had the same teacher for your children .. cheers X:)

scrappinlil said...

Very cute layout. You did a great job on this layout. TFS

Cherished said...

Terrific page!

Tracy said...

Great layout! Love what you dd with the sketch!

Margie said...

Really cute layout and pretty colors! Those papers are so darn sweet! I also like that you added some embossing :) How nice to have the same K teacher for all 3 children!

Esther said...

Darling!!!! Love the fun color scheme!!!

Vivian Lake said...

fabulous page!! love that your kids were with the same teacher - how cool is that!!

magicwanda said...

Misty great take on the sketch...love them bright colors....

Wendy said...

Very cute! I love the happy colors!

Friday said...

Wow, love all the bright colors on your layout. TFS...

Tereese (Friday)

Nanne said...

Great layout Misty.. love your paper choice, so colorful.. You are so lucky to have gotten the same amazing teacher for all of your kids...
hugs
Nanné

Donna said...

Wonderful take on the sketch, love the colours :)

Holly Hudspeth said...

Totally scrap worthy theme. You really did luck out. What a wonderful tribute to that teacher. I am sure she would be honored. Great layout. Love the color choices.

Patries said...

Lovely colours and super journaling!

caroleanne said...

what a lovley memory, great layout too. bfn

Sue said...

Great page - i'll bet it will be one of her Favs. Lovely memento.

JenL said...

Awesome layout!

flowerdisco said...

your layout is so cheerful... tfs!

Leah (*BeeCherryLady*) said...

Pretty cool Misty!
First off, both my kiddo's had the same
kindergarten teacher as well, so neat to do that
and awesome to get to really know the teachers
a bit better as well. A blessing, I think!
Oh and before I forget I had to tell you how much
I totally LOVED your project for our Die Cut challenge!
Dude, LOVED it!

=)

Laura Gilhuly said...

Really sweet and fun layout!

Kathleen White said...

Very nice lo!

DaileyScrapper said...

Great layout. I love the colors. My sister teaches Kindergarden. They are adorable. How funny that you too are a daily scrapper. I spell my Dailey like my last name. LOL
Yvette

joefil said...

Great layout..love the yellow and blue colors on it..

Holly Hudspeth said...

I just love teh colors you used. This layout is awesome! Great job.