Be Patient with my blog as it is a work in progress for the next few days. I have a header I like and a blinkie. So now I need to completer the rest of the template. I am learning PS5 as I do this so it may take a few days. Happy Crafting ~~Misty


Saturday, June 25, 2011

Tea Pot Card (Pop Up)

Hey there. This is Misty over at The Daily Scrapper. I made the Tea Pot Card on Every Day Pop Up Cards. I know I know It does not start with M but M is a pretty popular letter and so is L my middle name and last name. LOL So I went with E because my middle name is LEE. Plus it is my favorite letter.

The paper is all from a 6x6 Bazzil stack.

Here is the finished card front.


The front is a straight forward card front but I took a few pictures to try to explain the pop up part in the inside. I went with the word SMILE because my card is not an upright card and the tea cup is set for a stand up card.


Here is the pop up portion cut at 4 inches. I used the pop up feature and this is the shift option. Then you fold it at the indentions. When you cut it you will see a small indent on each leg. Score it at that point for all 6 legs.


Hold the card at a 90 degree angle and glue the legs at the score portion to the card top and bottom. I had to fold mine in a bit more because it was too tall when you close it. So rather than cutting another one, I just folded the legs a bit higher up. :)


Then hold down the card to make sure it closes properly and allow the glue to dry. I like the Mono liquid for these because it holds soooo well.

Here is what it looks like standing up and a bit open. You can see the pop up portion starting to pop up.

Here is the card opened up.

I hope you like this project. These cards are a bit tricky so use some junk paper and play around a bit the first time. They come out VERY cute!!!! Have a SUPER day!!!

6 comments:

Queen Mum said...

Really cute!

Look around the corner said...

so nice i love the sweet colours

BunnyFreak said...

Very cute.

Uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Wow,, It works very nice, beautiful and creative,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

FX said...

the Daily Scrapper, Do you know that Forex Is Highest Paying Keyword in Google Adsense? Learn how to use Forex here:

*CATS* Creations said...

I LoVe your pop up card and congratulations on becoming a designer with the 5 Chicks Design Team. I’ve just become a new follower and if you get a minute please come check out my blog. I’m into Paper Sculpting which is similar to paper piecing but it’s a lot more artistically detailed. I would love it if you would become a follower of mine…..

Cathy :o)
http://cat2jona.blogspot.com/