Be Patient with my blog as it is a work in progress for the next few days. I have a header I like and a blinkie. So now I need to completer the rest of the template. I am learning PS5 as I do this so it may take a few days. Happy Crafting ~~Misty


Friday, December 3, 2010

Rockin Around the Christmas Tree Blog Hop


Welcome to The Daily Scrapper and the Rockin around the Christmas tree Blog Hop! If you've come from visiting Debbie - http://craftydeb-ddscrafts.blogspot.com/, you're in the right place. If you've just happened across my blog and would like to play along with our fun hop, you can go to Totally-Stamps and start at the beginning. Go to http://www.totallystamps.blogspot.com/.
The theme of this blog hop is ROCKIN AROUND THE CHRISTMAS TREE. Each blog has created a project. Be sure to visit each blog for inspiration and fun BOG CANDY.


Here is the project I made for this blog hop. It is a Merry christmas Banner for my dining room. I really love the way it came out. My husband says it is his favorite decoration (other than the tree.) The colors are perfect for my house and it is very festive. I used a Patterned paper pack so it would all match and fun Christmas ribbon from JoAnn's to hold it all together. Love that is was on sale this week!!!


I also made a set of 3 matching decorated frames for my wall. I got the $1 wooden frames from Michaels and painted them with acrylic paint. Then I decorated them with fun paper that matches my wall banner and used fun cricut cuts to fill in the centers. Hope you like them.





Here is my Favorite giveaway yet. My dear friend is an AWESOME writer. Her book is one of the USA Today's heartwarming books for the holidays top books. She has agreed to sign a copy for the lucky winner. Just post a comment on this post for your entry. Good Luck. Whoever wins will LOVE this book.

9780312605339.jpg

The Three Kings at Amazon



Ok now to keep on going head on over to the next blog in the hop.


Iva - http://ivarai.com/

45 comments:

Carol's Place said...

Nice Christmas projects, love them, they look so warm and homey. Merry Christmas!

StampinCarol said...

Your banner is wonderful! Absolutely festive!!! Your hubby is right! And the frames are pretty cool, too!

Laura Lee said...

I love it...Did you use a cricut cart to make it? I think I would love to do something similar but saying Noel... on a door in my living room... beautiful. thanks for sharing..

Susan said...

I just love your banner...what cart did you use? I will have to scraplift this one. TFS.
Susan
susanpollock37 at yahoo dot com

scrappin_3rdeeschik said...

Super Cute banner. Thanks for the Holiday idea :)

Scrappin' Sista said...

Love, love, love the banner and picture frames. They turned out really nice. TFS.

Christel
Blog Hop Sista'
onescrappinsista.blogspot.com

Rebecca said...

I LOVE the garland - it's so pretty! I am definitely stealing that idea :)

2 Chicks on a Limb said...

Such awesome projects! I'm always looking for new decorating ideas! Love, love, love, the frames Happy to be a follower! TFS!

Vickie

Lynlee said...

love the framed pieces! great idea!
lynlee4@gmail.com

marilyn said...

LOVE that banner. I can see why your husband loves it!

Tabitha said...

The banner is great! What a great find at Micheals for those frames. Love them.

terriennz said...

Love your creations! I'm a follower. Thank you for a chance to win your awesome candy! (I LOVE curling up with a good book)

Terrie Barroso
terriennz@att.net
crafteecards.blogspot.com

Maria said...

Love all your projects! (Favorite is the banner!)Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

maria_m_nestor@yahoo.com

BUZZY BEE DESIGNS & GRAPHICS said...

Your banner is wonderful! Absolutely festive!!!
Rebecca Minor
Buzzybeedesigns(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

stefeni said...

Great projects! I really love what you did with the frames!

spunkycrayon at yahoo dot com

Lillian Child said...

Just found your blog - how cool! And what a festive holiday banner! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

Lisa J said...

The banner is absolutely amazing! And how neat it is to have matching framed pictures!

TFS!

tjsgal at gmail dot com

Teri A said...

Wow everything is so nice but the fames are my fav
Thanks,
Teri
teri.barefoot@gmail.com

Heather said...

Great projects! TFS!
ra6352 (at) gmail (dot) com

Marianne said...

Awesome banner. Which paper pack did you use? Nice Christmas print and colors. Thank you for sharing it on this hop.

Marianne S.
sthquilter at gmail dot com
www.paperorfabric.blogspot.com

Barbara said...

Nice ideas, thamk you for sharing!!

http://barbaras-crafty-corner.blogspot.com

Michelle F. said...

Great wall art! Super idea for any holiday.

forpahl5 said...

Love the banner! I was going to make one this year but haven't gotten around to it!

forpahl5atgmaildotcom

kathlee said...

Your banner is awesome! TFS! Happy Holidays!
kathlee154@gmail.com
http://kathleessnippitsncricuts.blogspot.com

A Scrap Above said...

Hi Misty~

Great projects.. I SOO love these banners, I should try my hand at making one..
I am already a follower of your blog
TFS and a chance to win
Bonnie C
http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com
ascrapabove at aol dot com

Anonymous said...

very nice christmas projects.I especially like the banner. K karen.kirby1@yahoo.com

Debican said...

Your projects are awesome. Enjoyed them alot. Hugs, Debi

Denise said...

Very nice and cute. What a great blog hop.
http://cricutmyway.blogspot.com/

Angela R said...

Yay, the first Christmas banner I've seen crafted! Beautiful! Thank you for sharing!
Such inspiration!
Contact Info: in case I win this amazing blog candy! Happy Holiday's!
arebori0204@gmail.com

Scrappy Heartz said...

love the banner...too cute!! Thanks for sharing!!

HeartAMZ1@aol.com
Debbie Chapman

BunnyFreak said...

Love the photos

jenni said...

beautiful banner! Great idea to have it match the house!
jpshirley@ymail.com

Theresa said...

Awesome banner, and the framed pieces are inspired..thanks so much for sharing

Natalie said...

Great blog! Nice job on the banner! I like the frames, too! I looked at other posts too and you do a great job on LOs!
Natalie
mtmcbroom at gmail dot com
http://timelesslegacydesigns.blogspot.com

mamascrapper69 said...

wow i love the banners and the altered frames. i love altered work. thanks for some inspiration

Stephanie Collins
stephanoid69@msn.com
stephanoid69-youtube

Kathy Floen said...

I LOVE YOUR BANNER!!!!!!! :) Your projects were so sweet! :) :)

JD said...

Ooo... a Christmas banner! I still have yet to try a banner. You may be the final inspiration I've been needing! TFS!

~ JD ~
jdscricuteering{at}gmail{dot}com

scrappydappydoodler said...

Awesome! Love the frames idea and the banner is beautiful. Thanks.

scrappydappydoodler said...

forgot to leave info, sorry.
Carmen
scrappydappydoodler@yahoo.com

Trisha said...

Love your banner. I am a follower and an avid reader. The book would be awesome. Thanks for sharing and the chance to win. patnbobcuddy@gmail.com

Anna said...

Love the banner and frames. Just awesome. Great giveaway also.
Thanks so much for the chance to win.
annadowdy at gmail dot com

Celeste B. said...

I love the frames! So great! Love your creations! TFS!

Celeste B.
ccscards.blogspot.com
mctdbillman at gmail dot com

Nikki T said...

Love the banner, such a cute idea. The picture frames turned out beautiful.
Nikki
glamoroussideofscrapping at gmail dot com
www.theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com

Amee said...

I love making banners, and the frames are just so cute!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Janet said...

Beautiful decoration I haven't gotten up enough courage to alttempt a banner yet.