Be Patient with my blog as it is a work in progress for the next few days. I have a header I like and a blinkie. So now I need to completer the rest of the template. I am learning PS5 as I do this so it may take a few days. Happy Crafting ~~Misty


Thursday, November 25, 2010

Black Friday Blog Hop

Welcome to The Daily Scrapper and the Black Friday Blog Hop! If you've come from visiting Raven's Blog, www.love4stamps.blogspot.com, you're in the right place!




Let's start with the giveaway. Hope you like the idea of a personalized bag just like this because that is just what the winner will get. You choose the theme and colors and I will make you a bag too. Just post in the comments to be entered. I will also add a matching wallet to go with your super cool bag.

So I was going to do a layout for my project but then I realized just maybe you guys would like to see something different and fun. Instead I made a fun laminated bag. I thought it would be great to have a separate bag to hold my coupons and lists some pens and things like that. I also have some gloves (it's cold here) and a few gift cards as well as my free coffee coupon (gotta have that.) LOL A friend of mine showed me this AWESOME bag she made using patterned paper that she laminated. It was adorable. So that got me thinking about the ads and a great BF theme. So the ultimate inspiration for this project comes from my friend Jean. Thank You Jean.

Well, what goes better with Black Friday than those Turkey Day ads we get in the paper. So I cut pieces from different ads and glued them to some CS for the front. Then for the back I cut pictures of the things on my kiddos Christmas wish lists. My hubby says they look just like real ads. LOL Then I used black CS to mat it and make sides and a bottom. I used lots of colors of ribbon. The rule was a Black Friday project with black and green. The green is in some of the ribbon and it has black in lots of places. So here is the fun laminated bag I made and pictures of it step by step.



Here are the pages all matted and ready for laminating.

Laminating using my Your Story. This is why I love my your story. I can laminate and bind books. Awesome and I think I paid like $30 online for it.

I used my BIA to punch holes all the way around each piece. Love my BIA.

Wrap ribbon through each hole to form a box type bag. i changed colors but you could just use one color all the way around.

Next make some fun brads with beautiful silver satin I found at JoAnne's the other day. I am still learning the i-top. I do like the fabric buttons better than the paper ones.


Used my crop-a-dile to punch holes in the satin ribbon for the brads to hold it on as a handle. I got this ribbon off a goodie bag I got from Cricut's very own Ginger (you know that beatuiful lady we see on HSN all the time.) She gave us Halloween goodie bags at a Circle dinner in Utah and I loved the ribbon so I saved it. This was a perfect way to use it. Thank You Ginger. :)



There you go. A super cute shopping bag for Black Friday. I love that it is useful and personalized.

I even already have my ads and coupons inside to take advantage of all those awesome sales.



If you've just happened across my blog and would like to play along with our fun hop, you can go to www.crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com and start at the beginning. Each blog has created a project centered around the shopping or using the colors black and green. Be sure to visit each blog for inspiration and fun blog candy!

www.crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com
www.onescrappinsista.blogspot.com/
www.gabycreates.com/
www.pinkcricut.com/
www.caramiller.com/
www.almabrooksblog.blogspot.com/
www.love4stamps.blogspot.com
www.abusyplace.blogspot.com/ - YOU ARE HERE
www.jdscricuteering.blogspot.com/
www.craftyscentiments.blogspot.com
www.scrappinwithmybug.com/
www.cricutlove1.blogspot.com/
www.craftypinknaynay.blogspot.com

48 comments:

Hannah's Stampin' Nana said...

very creative :-) I hate being the first post.. random org, nevers picks #1 :-) thanks for being part of the hop and sharing your bag :-)

shelley
lostnwa98 at frontier dot com

Alma said...

Wow!!! This is awesome! :-)

and Hannah's Stampin Nana, I was once a first post at a Challenge over at Creative Time and I won! so random.org sometimes does choose #1! =) Good luck!

Suella said...

Awesome idea, very creative, like it bunches. TFS
suella11@yahoo.com

Melissa said...

How creative!!!!

Melissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

BUZZY BEE DESIGNS & GRAPHICS said...

I love the idea of a personalized bag just for me.
my favoratie colors are Aqua & yellow, Like Bees & the cricut guy hope I win
Rebecca Minor
buzzybeedesigns At yahoo DOT com
http://buzzybeedesigns.blogspot.com

Gina at Gigi's Creative Designs said...

This turned out so cute! What a great idea! I love it! I like how you laced it all together.TFS! Your so talented and creative!
Thaks so much for taking the time to share this wonderful idea with us. Have a fun black friday!
Gina
raegina at gmail dot com

GabyCreates.com said...

How creative!!!! and Good luck to #1 :) I've had giveaways and Random.org does pick #1
Gaby
gabycreates.com

Juicy Creations said...

wow i love the black friday shopping bag.. very creative.. tfs..
im a new follower cant wait to see more of your projects..
theresa
juicycreations808@gmail.com

Pippa (pjbear) said...

How amazing, what a great idea, I love cupcakes, making them, eating them, wearing them so a bag with cupcakes would be amazing LOL! http://pjbear-determinedscrapper.blogspot.com/

Angie said...

Cute bag. you are very creative. I was looking at your cards they are the cutest. and that gingerbred page is cute. I like it.

Kards by Kathi said...

Great blog and love your talent. Thanks for sharing.

Barb A. said...

Very creative. Thanks for sharing your talents. If I win, please give the prize to the first poster. Thanks.

Nadia's World said...

Awesome Project!!!

TFS!

Nicole
niclax13@gmail.com

Sheree said...

What an awesome idea! I do not have an I Top and wondered if it was worth purchasing. Sounds like I need one now! I really like your idea of using the BIA to punch the holes all the way around. My favorite colors are pink and green. TFS!
sheree.burress@gmail.com

Trisha said...

Thanks for sharing this great bag. So very, very original.

Trisha
patnbobcuddy@gmail.com

Marianne said...

Wow, awesome bag!! Thank you for sharing.

Marianne S.
sthquilter at gmail dot com

Jamie said...

wow.. how awesome is this?! This is such a cool project I love it! thanks so much for sharing and the chance to win!
-jamie
babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

Angela R said...

I love that bag! Adorable idea! You should sell them! Beyond creative! Thank you for sharing!
Contact Info: just incase I get lucky enough to win the Blog Candy! Happy Holidays! arebori0204@gmail.com

Heather said...

Very creative!
ra6352 (at) gmail (dot) com

Debbie said...

wow how clever are you this is such a great idea thanks for sharing please come over and visit me today we have a hop going on to Debbie
http://craftydeb-ddscrafts.blogspot.com/

Esmommy said...

AWESOME PROJECT I love it!!! What a great use of the ads
TFS
Tracy
NYGIRL1994 at yahoo dot com

Scrappin' Sista said...

Too cute and creative. TFS!!!

Christel
Blog Hop Sista
onescrappinsista.blogspot.com
christel (at) majesticdesigns (dot) net

Michele's Scrapy Creations said...

wow--so awesome bag! I would never have thought of that. lol Thanks for a chance to win.
michelesscrapycreations35 at yahoo dot com

Kathy said...

What a cute bag! And how creative to use the ads to make it fit in with BF shopping! Thanks for sharing!
kmgillon at yahoo dot com

Cricut Chick said...

Are you kidding me? This is awesome! Great Job:) Too cute...Thanks for sharing this

Cricut Chick
www.cricutchick.com
cricutchick@rocketmail.com

Carol said...

That is awesome... thank you for sharing with us. chale@gci.net

donna habbibi said...

really creative!!!and inventive too
habis1088@gmail.com

Scrappy Jackie said...

This is pretty cool! I am quite impressed! I would have to say I would love to see it done with some fun black and white with bright purples or pinks! Great job! Thank you for sharing your fun project! pjritsema at gmail dot com

crazyaboutcricut said...

HOLY SMOKES, THIS IS AWSOME!! Ok, so as hop hostess, I automatically get one of these, right?!?! (I'm totally kidding!!) I'm so happy I have both of these tools, so with your great tutorial I am off to make one! Thanks for doing this hop with me :O)

Wendy said...

Sooo VERY CREATIVE, it's AWESOME!!!
I would love to have one of my own!!! Love black, white, periwinkle blue & brite fun green, red & fuschia. Love flowers and cartoon, fun like things.
roos 2 boys at gmail dot com

Darlene said...

LOL OMG This is too cute! TFS

Darlene
desaucier at bellsouth dot net

Minta's Creations said...

I Love this awesome bag. You did a very wonderful creative job of making it. Love it!
Minta

mintab@gmail.com

http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

Theresa said...

I am new follower here thanks to the blog hop and the fact that this is one of the coolest projects I've seen. I love it!

Daisy Do Designs said...

I love bags and this one is AWESOME... great Job!

~Valerie~
mrsrankie@comcast.net

Coachfans said...

Such a cool bag! I love to recycle so this is perfect.

Georgiana
http://carsonscricutcreations.blogspot.com/

Patti said...

What an awesome bag! I will have to see if I can do that too. If I should be lucky enough to win I love pink and kitties.

Patti
bbitster@windstream.net

alohalisa said...

Thanks for sharing, very creative you are! Love it! How practical too.
lisa_williamson2004@yahoo.com

Lilygirl said...

Awesome bag! How smart are you!! Thank you for the chance to win !! laysig@telus.net

jenni said...

darling bag, super great idea! thanks for sharing!
jpshirley@ymail.com

pennykitz said...

I would love to have a pink and green bag... I would also like anything you dream up,because I can see that your work is just my style. I will be a new follower and will be back soon
pennykitz@charter.net
http://pennykitz.blogspot.com/

Kathy's Kreative Spot said...

What a creative bag; it is sure to get people talking while you wait in those long lines.

Kathy
Katsews at gmail dotcom

A Scrap Above said...

Very sassy!!!!! I simply love this bag and how you made it... **SAD FACE** I dont have a "Your Story" but hope to soon!
I am already a blog follower.
TFS and a chance to win
Bonnie C
http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com
ascrapabove(at)aol(dot)com

Abby said...

This is the coolest thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it for the kids treat bags for bdays!!!!!!!

AmyJRockstar said...

Wow, that is a really unique idea! How crafty! I love it! Would love to win one in pink, black, and white with some girly bling. I'm all about really girly stuff! Thanks for the chance and TFS!
XO ~ Amy Jo
http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com/

Lezlye said...

Very cool Project! CReative!

faithfulecreations said...

WOW this is SOOOOOOOOOOOO creative and fun! Great job glad to see a new use for my bind-it-all since I have a Cinch too I barely use it!

JD said...

What an AWESOME project! Love this. Wow... so professional looking! How fun!!

~ JD ~

Joy said...

That bag is soooo SMART! You're brilliant!
~Joy~