Be Patient with my blog as it is a work in progress for the next few days. I have a header I like and a blinkie. So now I need to completer the rest of the template. I am learning PS5 as I do this so it may take a few days. Happy Crafting ~~Misty


Wednesday, May 14, 2008

School

SO the school year is wrapping up and we are finishing some of our subjects. We have taken the last of our science classes at explora and finished our science book. So now we are doing a short unit on the weather and then we will be done. Language is complete, or so the books says. I found some great practice sheets and a wonderful book to use for the summer. History is almost complete. This boy sure loves history. Math will go right to the end. They designed that book to be hard and take a while. He is eating it up. He likes averaging. He is working on long multiplication and fractions. We will be using saxon math and math us see next. Penmanship never ends. Poor kiddo. We are going to go back to the basics. He needs lots of practice here. He is loving the reading and writing we do. I got some great perplexors that we love to do once in a while. Health is done. Spelling, we finished our last list last week. Whew those were some hard words this year. I am sure in my sleepiness I have missed something.

This year has gone great. I love teaching him. I always wanted to be a teacher. I never went through with it because I wanted to be with my kids. I want a chance to raise them right. I do not want a daycare raising my children. Now, I have the best of both worlds. I am raising my kids right and I am educating them. I cannot tell you how proud of them I am . They are wonderful and are great learners. With Michal moving at a lightening pace and Jackson reading and doing math at 4, there is nothing these kids will not be able to do.

Soccer is almost over, 2 weeks left. We will be continuing pokemon, gymnastics, violin, and taking swimming this summer.

No comments: